'Gabriel' Seungjoo Kim's Homepage
Gabriel Seungjoo Kim (Nick : ProxySkim)
SANE (Security Analysis aNd Evaluation) Lab.,
Graduate School of Information Security,
Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, 136-713, Korea
(I am also a member of KU's CIST (Center for Information Security Technologies))
Founder & Advisory Director
Hacker Group, HARU and International Security & Hacking Conference, SECUINSIDE
Office : Robot Convergence Building, Room 306
Lab : Robot Convergence Building, Room 401
Tel : +82-2-3290-4897 (Office), +82-2-3290-4955 (Lab)
Fax : +82-2-928-9109
Mobile : +82-10-3756-2353
Skype : +82-70-7893-2352 (ID : kim.seungjoo)
E-mail (Official) : skim71ATkorea.ac.kr (change "AT" to an "at" sign)
E-mail (Personal) : seungjoo.kimATgmail.com or seungjoo.kimAToutlook.com or seungjoo.kimAThotmail.com or seungjoo.kimATnate.com
Homepage (Lab) : http://www.kimlab.net or http://sane.korea.ac.kr
Homepage (Personal) : http://www.skim.name
Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/skim71
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/skim71
Google+ : http://www.google.com/+SeungjooKim
Cyworld : http://www.cyworld.com/amhoin
My Columns : http://www.columns.kr
My Lectures : http://www.lectures.kr
| Research & On-Line Publications
| Links of Interest
- 2014 Highlights : Finally, SECUINSIDE CTF winners are pre-qualified for DEFCON CTF!,
and, honorably, I became a Visiting Professor at Korea Military Academy.
Besides, our paper, "VoIP-aware Network Attack Detection based-on Statistic and Behavior of SIP Traffic" is accepted at Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (Springer, SCI-E),
and "Trust-based Access Control Model from Sociological Approach in Dynamic Online Social Network Environment" is accepted at Scientific World Journal (SCI-E).
In addition, "Developing a Protection Profile for Smart TV", is accepeted at ICCC 2014 (International Common Criteria Conference 2014), which is a major conference for the community of experts involved in security evaluation.
- 2013 Highlights : "Smart TV Security - #1984 in 21st century" appeared at The 14th CanSecWest 2013 (The 14th CanSecWest Applied Security Conference 2013)
(See press coverage at MBC, KBS, channelIT, inews24.com),
and the extended version, "Hacking, Surveilling, and Deceiving Victims on Smart TV" was also presented at The 17th Black Hat USA 2013
(See press coverage at The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, Fox News, ZDNet, Network World, Digital Trends, CBS, KBS, The Electronic Times, etc.).
Furthermore, We have two papers accepted at The 14th ICCC 2013 (The 14th International Common Criteria Conference 2013).
One is "Problem and Improvement of the Composition Documents for Smart Card Composite Product Evaluations", and
the other one is "How the CC Harmonizes with Secure Software Development Lifecycle".
- 2012 Highlights : I was appointed as an Advisory Committee Member of Special Prosecutor, Tae-Seok Park on the case of 2011 Re-Election DDoS Scandal
(See press coverage at The Electronic Times), and
technically advised the TV drama, "Ghost" and the film, "The Berlin Report".
Furthermore, our journal paper, "Efficient Certificateless Proxy Signature Scheme with Provable Security" was accepted at Information Sciences.
- 2011 Highlights : Hacker Group, HARU and International Security & Hacking Conference, SECUINSIDE was founded in 2011 by me and my colleagues.
- 2010 Highlights : "Protection Profile for E-Certificate Issuance System" appeared at The 11th ICCC 2010 (The 11th International Common Criteria Conference 2010),
and "Efficient Secure Group Communications for SCADA" was presented at IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
- 2009 Highlights : "Advanced Key Management Architecture for Secure SCADA Communications" was appeared at IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
- 2008 Highlights : "Protection Profile for E-Voting Systems" accepted at The 9th ICCC 2008 (The 9th International Common Criteria Conference 2008).
- 2007 Highlights : Our journal paper, "Cryptanalysis on the Authentication Mechanism of the NateOn Messenger", showed that NateOn (which was the biggest messenger service in Korea) was vulnerable to replay attacks.
(See press coverage at JoongAng Daily, Yonhap News)
Furthermore, "New Efficient Password-Authenticated Key Exchange Based on RSA" appeared at The 7th CT-RSA 2007 (The 7th Cryptographers' Track at RSA Conference 2007), and
"Security Weakness in a Three-Party Pairing-Based Protocol for Password Authenticated Key Exchange" appeared at Information Sciences.
- 2003 Highlights : We had two papers accepted at The 3rd CT-RSA 2003 (The 3rd Cryptographers' Track at RSA Conference 2003).
One was "Rethinking chosen-ciphertext security under Kerckhoffs' assumption", and
the other one was "An analysis of proxy signatures : Is a secure channel necessary?".
Furthermore, "RSA Speedup with Chinese Remainder Theorem Immune against Hardware Fault Cryptanalysis" was appeared at IEEE Transactions on Computers.
- 1997 Highlights : "Proxy signatures, revisited" appeared at The 1st ICICS 1997 (The 1st International Conference on Information and Communication Security 1997).
According to Google Scholar, this paper has been cited more than 600 times.
- 1996 Highlights : "Convertible group signatures" appeared at The 5th AsiaCrypt 1996.
(You can find me in NAVER.)
I received my B.S. (1994), M.S. (1996), and Ph.D. (1999) in information engineering from Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU) in Korea.
Prior to joining the faculty at Korea University (KU) in 2011,
I served as Assistant & Associate Professor of School of Information and Communication Engineering at SKKU for 7 years.
Before that, I served as Director of the Cryptographic Technology Team and the (CC-based) IT Security Evaluation Team of the Korea Information Security Agency (KISA) for 5 years.
Now I am Full Professor of Graduate School of Information Security at KU,
a member of KU's Center for Information Security Technologies (CIST),
and Founder/Advisory Director of a hacker group, HARU and an international security & hacking conference, SECUINSIDE.
Also, I have served as
a visiting professor of Korea Military Academy, and
executive committee member of Korean E-Government,
advisory committee members of several public and private organizations such as
National Intelligence Service of Korea,
Digital Investigation Advisory Committee of Supreme Prosecutors' Office,
Ministry of Justice,
The Bank of Korea,
ETRI(Electronic and Telecommunication Research Institute), and
KISA(Korea Information Security Agency), etc.
Besides these, I have technically advised the TV drama, "Ghost" and the film, "The Berlin Report".
My research interests include cryptography, information security and information assurance.
Click here to find out more!.
About My Lab
Our lab (called as "SANE (Security Analysis aNd Evaluation) Lab.") was established after I joined Korea University in March 2011.
Our lab seeks to understand the real meaning of security and how to achieve it.
For this, we research and study ALL AREAS OF SECURITY, from crypto to hacking, and policy.
Especially among these, we focus on Security Engineering, Recent Security Threat Analysis and Security Evaluation (e.g. CMVP, CC, ISMS).
Research & On-Line Publications
(You may need a postscript (.ps)
previewer or an acrobat
(.pdf) reader for some of these.)
Listings, Honors, and Awards
-  Received Best Paper Award from KARUS (Korea Association of RFID/USN), "RFID System based Missing Child Location Tracking System with Fairness" (with Jin Kwak, Keunwoo Rhee, and Dongho Won) (HTML)
-  Listed in Marquis Who's Who in Asia (2007: 1st Edition)
-  Received Best Paper Award at the CISC-W'06 (Conference on Information Security and Cryptology), "A Study on the Access Control Based Database Security System" (with Woong-Ryul Jeon, Heasuk Jo, and Dongho Won)
-  Received Best Paper Award from NIS (National Intelligence Service), "A Secure Receipt Issuing Scheme for e-Voting with Improved Usability" (with Yunho Lee, Kwangwoo Lee, and Dongho Won)
-  Received the Distinguished Service Award from School of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University
-  Received the NIS(National Intelligence Service) Chief's Award for Excellent Contribution to National Cyber Security
-  My First "Hall in one" @ Ansung CC, Korea (May 31, 2007) (1 | 2 | 3 | 4)
-  Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World (2008: 25th Edition)
-  Received Best Paper Award at the CISC-S'08 (Conference on Information Security and Cryptology), "A Study on User Authentication Method for Preventing Illegal Use of User Database in ID/PW Management Solution" (with Jeonghoon Han, Byunghee Lee, and Dongho Won)
-  Received Best Paper Award at the ISPEC'10 (International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience Conference), "Protection Profile for Secure E-Voting Systems" (with Kwangwoo Lee, Yunho Lee, and Dongho Won)
-  Received Best Paper Award at the CISC-W'10 (Conference on Information Security and Cryptology), "Efficient Privacy-Preserving Authentication Protocol for VANET" (with Hamyung Park, Changbin Lee, and Dongho Won)
-  Received A Plaque of Thanks from Special Prosecutor, Tae-Seok Park on the case of 2011 Re-Election DDoS Scandal
-  Received the Best Lecturer Award from Korea University
-  Received Best Paper Award at the CISC-S'13 (Conference on Information Security and Cryptology), "Secure Coding in Common Criteria" (with Jinseok Park and Heesoo Kang)
News and Interviews
My Favorite Concerts, Musicals, Movies, etc.
Links of Interest
KRyptoGate : http://dosan.skku.ac.kr/~sjkim/kryptogate.html
(URL Forwarding : http://www.cryptogate.com)
Arirang (ID : amhoin),
Boan.com (ID : skim),
Boannews.com (ID : skim),
CBS (ID : skim71),
Chosun Ilbo (ID : skim71),
Digital Daily (ID : amhoin),
Digital Times (ID : amhoin),
Dong-A Ilbo (ID : skim71),
The Electronic Times (ID : amhoin),
JoongAng Ilbo (ID : seungjoo.kim),
KBS (ID : skim71),
Kyunghyang Shinmun (ID : skim71),
Maeil Business (ID : skim71),
MBC (ID : amhoin),
SBS (ID : amhoin),
Segye Daily (ID : skim),
Seoul Economic Daily (ID : skim71)
tvN (ID : skim71)
Research Information Services :
Elsevier Computer Standards & Interfaces (ID : Seungjoo Kim),
Elsevier Information Sciences (ID : sjkim),
Hanbit Media, Inc. (ID : amhoin),
IEEE Communications Letters (ID : firstname.lastname@example.org),
IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery (ID : email@example.com),
IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (ID : firstname.lastname@example.org),
Korea Research Foundation (ID : amhoin),
Samsung Economic Research Institute (ID : cryptographer),
Slideshare (ID : skim71),
TTA (ID : sjkim)
Internet banking :
Citibank (ID : skim71),
ePOSTBANK (ID : isac2004),
Hana Bank (ID : amhoin),
Hana SK Card (ID : skim71),
Hyundai Card (ID : skim71),
Internet GIRO (ID : amhoin),
Kiwoom.com (ID : crypto),
Kookmin Bank (ID : codebook),
Samsung Card (ID : skim71),
Shinhan Card (ID : amhoin),
Tongyang Investment Bank (ID : amhoin),
WOORI Bank (ID : codebook, crypt0618)
Internet shopping malls :
Auction (ID : amhoin),
Figure Gallery (ID : amhoin),
FigureKing (ID : skim),
Funshop (ID : skim),
Gmarket (ID : amhoin),
Interpark (ID : codebook),
Nuri Hobby (ID : skim),
Rainman Artwork (ID : skim),
Ridibooks (ID : skim71),
Ticketlink (ID : skim),
Travelmate (ID : sjkim),
YES24.COM (ID : codebook)
Concerts, Drama, Movies, etc. :
CGV (ID : amhoin),
LG Arts Center,
Lotte Cinema (ID : skim71),
Megabox (ID : amhoin)
Oh Show! (ID : skim71),
Ticket Master (ID : skim71),
Acegolf (ID : skim71),
ALSeeOnline (ID : skim, kimdy, mmoh),
Anycall (ID : amhoin),
Asiana Airlines (ID : cryptographer),
Asiana Miles (ID : sjkim71),
G4C (ID : amhoin),
GOLFZON (ID : skim71),
Hometax (ID : cryptographer),
Ifigure (ID : amhoin),
KEIT (ID : seungjoo),
KMI (ID : skim),
KORAIL (ID : 0471335528),
Korean Air (ID : amhoin),
Korea Teachers Pension (ID : amhoin),
KTCU (ID : crypto),
MandoMap & Soft (ID : cryptographer),
National Tax Service (ID : amhoin),
OlympicFamilyTown APT (ID : amhoin),
Ppurio (ID : amhoin),
SBS Golf (ID : skim71),
SK Enclean (ID : codebook),
SK OKCashbag (ID : codebook),
SKKU (ID : crypto),
SKKU ISG Webmail (ID : skim),
Sky Valley CC,
Sophiagreen CC (ID : skim71),
The Players CC (ID : skim71),
TWorld (ID : cryptographer),
XROAD (ID : sjkim),
Yeppi.com Inc. (ID : codebook),
YouTube (ID : amhoin)
Last Updated at September 9., 2014.